OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE SPOON PUPPET
HOW TO MAKE THE GUADALUPE SPOON PUPPET:
This is a quick and easy puppet to make—the dress is a circle, folded in half, and then in half again.
YOU BEGIN WITH A PLASTIC SPOON:
NOTE: This puppet is made without the arms.
1. Paint the face portion of the plastic spoon. You can paint the “feet” as well. Note that a second leg has been added to the figure: Just glue a popsicle stick to the spoon to form the leg. It too should be painted in the same skin colour.
2. Add facial features (these were punched out with a very tiny hole-puncher). Paint on the hair or add yarn hair.
TO FORM THE DRESS:
1. Cut a circle of fabric (or paper) approx. 8″(20cm) in diameter. Fold the circle in half, then in half again.
2. At the centre-point make a tiny snip through all layers of the fabric, just large enough to slip over the spoon handle. Insert the spoon through this hole.
4. Form small pleats at the neck edge. Form one or two large pleats in the skirt.
5, Glue the skirt a little above the chin level of the doll.
TO MAKE THE VEIL:
!. Cut out a strip of felt 12″(31cm) x 2″(5cm)
2. Lightly mark the centre-point of the strip. Match this point to the entre-point of the front part of the head. Glue the veil to the head at this point.
TO MAKE THE HALO:
1. Print out the scalloped halo shape on cardstock. Colour and cut out.
2. Glue the halo to the back of the figure as shown in the photo.